Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Sunday in Kaohsiung

I had niiiiice weekend, visiting south of Taiwan. Kaohsiung is 2nd city in Taiwan, and I must say I prefer it to Taipei: people are more relaxed. Also, it is closer to Ocean, and in fact one of biggest harbours in the world, says the LPlanet. My trip had 2 parts, the 2nd was Monday in Tainan; but it seems I learned here in Asia ... making lots of pics, so I made 203 [Maja said after I told her there is some 200 temples in Tainan: "200 pics of temples and 3 of Miki?", clever girl!...]!
I will extract some here and add txt with time, I have to work also some time, hey!
Let's start with some strange roofs, to prove that's all Taiwan occupation :-)
cudkr1

cudkr2

This will also give you some idea about atmosphere there in the city...
cudkr3

But do not be afraid, it has Ai (=Love) river also, here romantic sight... SOme few years ago it was diiirty and stinking, they say.
airiver

The "fish" above the river is like from Disney:
zivina

Strange sight here, but as we see, existing...
ajednak

Not everybody is happy to live in one of the strange-roofed buildings:
ruina

But some live:
sretan

palac

We went to the harbour and took a ferry to the beach in one island in front of the harbour. Here is view to the city from the ferry. Cool, ah?
gradsmora

Here is exit to the South China Sea
izlaz

Not only ordinary ships are in the harbour:
ratbr

Ships are BIG pieces of metal, here one just exiting:
brod

But, there is some place for the small ones also
bruluci

My host in Kaohsiung, in a break from UK to make investigation about...suicides in Taiwan! Thanks a lot for showing me around, Eileen :-)
e1

We went to the beach:
plaza

It seems wind here makes something portuguese-like (notice my hat):
japort

University and the mountain above:
dashue

One classical:
rikse

This is in the street, drying of some meat...higienic, no? Hehe... special for Vera ;-)
susise

Worker and his tool
sljak

Some temples around, also
kaohstemp

And some small pagodas...
pagodica

One of three of mine :-)
jaaa

Strange features are burners-various types-for the fake money, one can really have fun observing varieties of these in the streets, this was done in 5 min, just along one street!
k1

k2

k3

k4

k5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home