Sunday, August 14, 2005

Taiwan and Technics

Yes, I am in Meccah of Technics, so maybe a short note on this, when it is raining outside.
It IS a Meccah, as entering some hardware shop here is really as entering a mosque, holy shrine of Silicon. Some of the things I saw today or yesterday, you, poor, slow beggars of the Unfaithful will see in few months, if at all!

And the prices, alas, the prices! To go down on your knees... GOOD motherboard costs about 75 eur, and it is all gold and the best stone ;-).
Only the Great Villain can have such cheap technics, you Europeans are on the mercy of Yellow river for this, and better know it, and better do not complain when it is broken fast! Buy, buy and buy!

In Taiwan they have their products also, except (despised) mainland Chinese, and they are GOOD. E.g. ASUS motherboards in laptops and desk machines, also the mobile technology etc. flies better and better, and I see prices down as much as they can be here. For 700 eur you can buy 2.8GHz Intel laptop by ASUS - I did it, and it is beautiful desktop machine, in fact, especially when I packed in 1GB RAM (768MB RAM you add for 25eur).
taikiki

Among other things worth notice here are ALL the possible additionals you can (or can not?) imagine for your cyberworld. Webcams, headphones with and without microphone, external hard disks (today's price of 40GB one was 50eur)... Flash disks of 1GB cost about50 eur also, MP3 players are in the same price if 512MB.

Other toy I bought recently is this PDA/mobile phone, Treo 600 by PalmOne, which is smashing cute machine available here for some 250eur. When I added 512MB SD memo card (for some 30eur), I can do anything on it and with it, it is an excellent successor for my "anachronic" Palm m105 (which served well, no any bad word about it, it is a magnificent piece of technics, still!).
treo

And when you go for accessories, you can find foldable keyboard with IR port for funny 20eur, and I do not need more for opening an office on a desert island ;-).
treoklav

As an electronician by profession-yep, MEC, I did not forget my roots ;-) , I always remember Tumpic's shop in my city of Varazdin, eh, what we'd give then to have such shop as I saw today, sigh. Oscilloscopes for 25 eur (!) etcetc, beeeeeeeee! Single pieces of electronic elements here do not cost anything, they could equally well give them away for nothing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kako simpa stvarcica, moram Mariu pokazati da mu malo sline pocure...
a tek cijene...
okrutno ;)

pusa

Maja

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home