Saturday, August 13, 2005

Third typhoon-harmless-and some reflections on food

Sanvu, the third typhoon in the season, passed without bigger harm between Philippines and Taiwan, with only some rainfall in Hsinchu. But temperature dropped as low as 26 cels at night today, rare event.
This also prevented some travelling around-advise in such occasions is not to go anywhere because of often landslides etc. which are here inevitable with storms. So, saturday afternoon at work, coffee and writing some new lines here :-).
As 1st I bring promised pic of "101" building at night, ChiC, Taipei hippie girl, provided one for me, she made it from her office in downtown Taipei.
chic101

Following acquire of my new toy, a Palm "Treo 600" PDA/mobile, which has an 0.3Mpeg inbuilt camera, I now can make more occasional pics-usually I do not like to take out my Digimaster camera, I feel too much as a tourist; with this toy I can easily take a hidden shot.
So, here ere some pics I made during the week, eating in some restaurants near the NTHU campus.
This is a simple seafood pot-usual here-I learned, finally, to eat such things. I am curious how much I'd pay for some seafood in Croatia...this costed around 2eur.
hp1

If you want to go luxurious, then you go for such place, where you cook your hotpot in front of you. Every place is equipped with small burner:
hp2

You can choose various ingredients. Here I had some rice noodles, tofu, sea-shells and shrimp (one, it was a cheap place also, 2.5 eur for such hot-pot!) with egg, some mushroom, cabbage and some other green stuff. Tasty, mmmm, I'll miss it in Europe, really!
hp3

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ovo mi cak izgleda njam

i ja bi malo ;)

pusa

Maja

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home