Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Typhoon Haitang

Short note, as I was doing the same as most of Taiwanese: staying indoors. I did not make any pictures of wild winds or so, as I would not put my head outside, too many things flying around.

Preparations (info by TV) were thorough, and for sure the fact that such force passed relatively smoothly over Taiwan was also thanks to that. In whole Taiwan Mon 18th was "typhoon day", free of work. And be sure nobody was to go out, it was raining like hell.
I have only some pics after the typhoon, made from the bus near Hsinchu. Otherwise rather empty rivers became full of water (these are pictures of different rivers, going down from the mountains south of Hsinchu to the sea):
tajf1

tajf2

tajf3

And when I say that they were "almost empty" I mean it, there are just some traces of water usually. I will add here some of the 'usual' state pictures, when I make them, that you'd be able to compare. Now I understand why they need such high and long bridges accross otherwise empty rivers.
Some of the rice fields also got a bit more water than usual:
tajf4

On the streets usual views, lots of parts of the trees, various material from the buildings or so... but this you know from the TV. It was too much raining that I'd do some such pictures, I was rather trying not to become completely wet.

Here something not related to typhoon: usual view in the streets here (at rush-hour or weekends), record one I saw was with 5 member family!
fam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home