Saturday, November 10, 2007

Miki d'Japan 2 Part Three B -Kyoto: Zen in the City

The next day I said "bye-bye" to Toji-an-I do NOT recommend the place, btw., if you are able to find smthing cheaper or just a bit more expensive then 2000yen/night
tojian

I went to the bike-rent again and got the red bicycle, which also served me very well:
kyb2

I decided to go western side of the city, Arashiyama, all along the line of hills. I thought I saw enough of temples, how surprised I'd be if I'd know it was hardly even the beginning, and the best is yet to come.
But, at first, I visited this huge one, 5 min from railway station, north, following the bus towards the center:
kytrd1

kytrd2

The BIG one is obviously renovated-see how the Japanese are doing it!
kytrd3

I like these doors od the temples, so ancient look:
kytrd4

And all this along such streets, yes! Btw, Japan is left-side ride, so I proved myself I can drive (bike!) in such circumstances and survive. I HAD international insurance this time, so my kids would get something in case I'd do some wrong move ;-). Luckily, in Japan drivers recognise someone walking on two legs as a human being, and take care not to override it. In difference to Taiwanese drivers who, when seeing something on 2 legs, think it is something to hunt for and you in general have to play the "run rabbit run" game.
kytrd5

I commented how well they include old architecture in new...find the temple is the game!
kytrd6

This one (left corner) did not have berette (you saw "Hana Bi"?)
kytrd7

Entrance to something BIG-I was driving, got lost, searched on the map and saw closeby is something big, well, it would be not speaking well of me if I'd miss this one ;-)
kytrd8

Beautiful day, indeed
kytrd9

The most beautiful couple I saw recently, both of them vere delicious, here you understand notion of beauty of the body and style, and their moves were really ... japanese. My bow, and I wish them many many equally beautiful kids.
kytrdb

kytrda

Inside was beautiful garden
ky3gar

ky3garb

As said, this is IN the city
kykk

kykk2

I went further, land of gardens, yes
kykk3

I could put now few tens of nice pics, but will try to be informative, rather.
kyc1

kymy

kymy2

kymy3

Hold on, the best is still to come! Tourism is hard work, they should pay the tourists for it!
kyuu1

In some places you can not go beyond the entrance, here in fact I understood THEY were strong, not humble at all. Hierarchy rules everywhere.
kyuu2

Rich place, yes
kyuu3

Here are postal addresses of some of them
kyznac

He Himself was there. Strange guy he had to be to stuck here. I would stay with Freud and Reich on this.
kysuz

Just a remembrance how these meditating guys saw it. I agree, such graphics gives very good the spirit of the place, I found this in one webpage about zen illustrations, http://web.terebess.hu/zen/sato.html:
37

Interior of one of secluded places. Khm. I could meditate here, also.
pypee

We are still in the city, do not forget!
Yes. Miki was there.
pypee3

pypee4

pypee5

Let's meditate...
pypee6

OK, time to go shopping! I need to drink something, after so many tranquile places!
pif

pif2

pif3

pif4

Shrines are really embedded in the city
kyembe

As said, the best is to come. No comments.
zlpav

zlpav2

zlpav3

Follow me into one shrine:
emb1

emb2

emb3

emb4

emb5

emb6

Well, it is important to know how to bend your back, hehe, plot from one of the holy places. Study it carefully, kid!
howto

benders

But, girls wait for something completely different, few kilometers away, Life is going on!
cekaju


This was the city of Kyoto. It came out as rather lenghty tour with me, I hope you enjoyed it. Be sure to go there in your poor lifes. Zen is good for old turtles and strange guys, there are more interesting things to do in life ;-)

Next, and the last part will be Tokyo2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home