Monday, August 27, 2007

Coffee

You know my long standing problems with coffee here, and my laments about it. Well, obviously there is a positive result recently, thanks to TIARA secretary, Rebecca. Let me show the latest developments to you.
For making turkish coffee I need my hot-plate, which is Greece-acquired one, i.e. 220V, 460W piece of equipment, costed 20 eur in Athens. But, here in Taiwan, we have 110V, and transformator costs 1000 NT$ or more, what is 25 eur. I have SOME principles, and one is that I do not pay transformator more than the equipment I use it for! Here is the beast.
traf

So, I at first used it for long-waited-for coffee a'la Turca (sorry, my dear Greek friends ), with the rest of coffee I brought from Croatia.
equip

But then, the next step was to use the Illy coffee Tanya, my bright Moscow star, brought for me to Azores from Palermo. Special, metal, firmly sealed container, I assure you inside was nothing but purest Trieste magic of Illy. You see, it is whole coffee mafia, here croatian-russian branch, collaborating with Cosa Nostra and involving the most remote Portuguese outpost of Ponta Delgada. Via Warsaw, where Polish "Dziad" group did not intervene, luckily, and Hong Kong, cautiously excorted by silence of Chinese mafia, we finalised the operation with a help of Tainan-Hsinchu local branch, impersoned in Rebecca.
So, to make long story short, we will not go here for dirty details ;-), I used the espresso machine:
espr

Voila, here is the result:
illk

I bet you'd love to have some, eh? It is delicious, magnificent, como una bella, bellissima Donna. Multo, multissimo belissima! E!

One environmental comment: waiting for coffee to be done, I was watching through the window, it is clear day, usual 30 some degrees...notice the haze above the city, it looks dirty and it IS dirty, not strange people are using masks when going around.
has

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home