Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Condition of air-condition

If here you stay without AC at work, you... go home.

It was a hell hot week last week, and at weekend our AC just could not cope with it, so it ... passed away.

Then company which takes care of it in Tsinghua Campus needed 2 days to get someone to fix it. Tuesday was just incredible hot, outside wind was helping to breathe, but inside TIARA there could be only us making winds on our seats who could help (however we'd be making Stellar Winds in our computers), so after few hours of sauna, I just quitted to pretend being Finnish in the Tropic of Cancer, and went home. Under my own AC and a fan.

Clever decision.

After the heat in the streets lost its power for a promile (when sun went to Europe), we went for RT-Mart. And I allowed myself, for a first time in almost 4 months here, luxury of spending 3.8 eur for a bottle of wine ("Sizanani", South African red, Merlot/Pinotage/Shiraz), quite decent one, cheapest of a kind there in the shop, buty I am sure better than any of French or Italian in the double price,even. Taste quite hard, of a kind of middle class Spanish Reserva. Good, I go well with it.

I also added to luxury piece of cheddar cheese from N.Zealand, also primer for this time, even I bought a (german) butter and some decent tost. All together 10 eur I spent on myself, ghosh, what a crime! I should go to confess, immediately ;-) .

Not that I'd feel some nostalgy for Western food, but here is virtually impossible to buy Muesli, and surviving on breakfasts of pure oeat flakes is rather impossible. Mueslix, American breed of muesli,is a)too expensive, b) it seems it is more flakes than dried fruits? Even if I'd have money and and wish to buy REAL milk here (where? This what they sell here as milk did not even meet the cow in the way to shop, I think), it would hardly be enough. So...luxury. Heh!

I got hooked on Sudoku. I learned to do it when flying to Europe last time, and now I loaded one magnificent program for it in my Treo and am jogging my brains.
See it on http://www.scss.com.au/family/andrew/pdas/palm/myprogs/sudoku/ ,
my thanks to Andrew Gregory, it's really well done PDA application.

Funny thing, but helps, I really feel my mathematical synapses re-connecting. Obviously relying on ZEUS to solve my maths for too long leaves serious scars on my own mathematical thinking. Time to refresh it, or I will again finish with some serious mathematical obsession of the type of Differential Forms or so. I know myself!

Have a nice hot days, wherever you are! And stay away of snow, also-Times of Weird Weather came!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home