Saturday, September 03, 2005

Tainan, old capital

2 weeks ago I visited Kaohsiung and Tainan - I did not manage then to write a blog about Tainan, now I correct it. The city is certainly worth it. More than 200 temples-I think I saw most of them :-)!
Weather was beautiful, after the rain, so streets cleaned and air not awfully heavy as it can be in Taiwan.
Not to contaminate the line of the story later, at the beginning: THEY came here also.
crikvica

One funny front of the building:
plakati

Sometimes you really see Taiwan is in Asia. TV is highly Asian, and pictorial information is also explicitly Asian :-).
One new street, but still not straight :-) :
ul

OK, that'd be it, now we start with ubiquitous temples:
temp1

This would not go in Europe:
tkuki

kuk

Chihkan Tower (Old Fort Provintia)-built by the Dutch in 1653. Taiwan was first Dutch posession, and in Tainan it is most visible. It is like an outdoor museum.
t2

t3

t4

It is incorporated in the modern city:
t5

palm

Details inside are magnificent, you could go around whole day!
t6

I was there :-)
jat

Interior, except of architectural elements is not anything special, obviously it is more turistical object now...but vota are still here, you can hang a wish and pray for it:
intt

Around the Towers also interesting objects:
t7

kornj

Some remains of the old park in front of the old school:
oldt

Picture as not from the present time...but you can still see it from time to time in the streets. Usually for tourists.
rik

We went further-do not ask me to describe every temple separately, too much of them I saw that day!
This guy GUARDS! :-)
cuvar

As I said, LOTS of temples:
te

In this heat all the time to burn money, incenses etc. is not easy, so at least they try to find shadow for it:
pec

Golden oldies
st

Collection inside some temples is really impressive.
dolls

kk

kk1

uf

uff

cuv

There is no lack of gold:
zl

Interesting door:
doo

Animals also have its place...
slon

I am curious if this one gives golden eggs...
kok

Something is funny?
fun

As we said, somewhere U must burn all what is to be burnt...
d

Detail:
d2

All the day there were these annoying 'mosquitos' around, making hell of noise...breaking the sound wall above the city, also...some exercise or what. I never feel at ease with such machines above me.
f16

Not that I could think anything else about this hotel...:-)
fam

Nice one
re

dra

zz

z3

z4

See the one below...god's pet or what?
cat

This was the tianan-something temple, i.e. the one for The Skies! So it was business trip after all, maybe I should ask Sienny for refunding? :-)
God of the Southern Skies:
jug

God of the Northern Skies:
sj

Meteorological observatory:
met

A triba je dimit da bi se Bogovi udostojili ...
df

I zvonit...
zv

zv2

A bogmes i bubnjit ponekad...
bub

Attendant said it is only hundred years old...it looks older to me.
sto

"Eternal Golden Castle", old Dutch forts in the 2nd part of Tainan, near the harbour.
gat

top

You can kill me, but no more temples today! No passaran!
tja

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home