Friday, May 13, 2005

Monsoon

Raining. For few days. And it is to rain for the next week, by 7-day forecast. When I say "raining" I mean RAINING. This means that every day I am at work with completely wet shoes. Fortunately, it is so warm that it does not bring getting cold or so-even at night temeperatures are above 20 cels.

It is not easy to make a good pic of it-usually I just try not to get too wet :-). Here is one of the small 'streams' at the beginning of my street, after heawy raining.
flood2

Usually it is only a small water canal near the freeway, as you can see in this pic taken few days later:
vodica

When it is really raining, water comes to the street, and it is about 20 cm of water everywhere.
flood

Water pours to the street from every hole.
hole

Raining or not, street dogs hide inside the buildings for night. Here are the dogs from NTHU Campus, sleeping in the entrance of the Library building (where my institute is located).
peseki

Nobody expells them. I am interested if they finish as a food some day. In a book 'Culture shock!' about Taiwan I found about dogs: "to sell dogs for food is prohibited. But then, pets still disappear ...". Hm. (mysle ze to bylby dwobritwannik, a?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home