Saturday, March 17, 2007

Bike nr. ...hmmm...Tw2, nr6

Month here and no bike? When the new one costs only 40 eur? Yes, as I did not want to buy the new one, and then have to give it away, I like my bikes!

So, I was trying to find used one. But did not manage to find, so I asked L. to find some 2nd hand shop here in Hsinchu.

Yesterday, after 9PM, we went to the shop, yes, this is Taiwan and if you want to buy something you go and buy, does not matter if it is a bit late in day.

They had one, better quality, for the price of new one from Geant, a bit more than 40 eur, and another one, usual one here, in not too bad state, for 20 eur. I took the cheaper one, as it seemed to have everything OK. Except pyramid, which they changed to the new one in a spot, it took 5 min for a guy from junior high school or smthing like this.

We bargained down to 15 eur., I felt 600NT$ is a right price. Tires were changed to new, as the bike was obviously standing somewhere parked in open for a longer time. It needed cleaning-what was my 1st thing to do today morning, and here it is:

bajscv


"Bicikl u cvijecu" (=bike in flowers) :-) . I need 10 min to my work with it. Walking is nice, but it becomes tedious to do every day 25 min walk.

In Athens I had a nice bike, but there was no chance to use it much, too dangerous and too many hills for a city ride. So, for last 1.5 years I was not biking a lot, and I miss it. Here it will be these short rides, but better something than nothing. Tw2 seems perfect for its purpose.

Now a short European break, one week in Warsaw follows. What one must do, one must do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home