Thursday, May 08, 2008

Plum Rain season

Taiwan is tropical island, so, all tropical climate characteristics are here. We just entered the Plum Rain season. I failed to notice it until this year, obviously I needed "3rd lucky".
It is not too bad, temperatures 22-25 cels, if sunny, up to 30. But humidity 100%, yes.
Meteorological explanation is: "The plum rain season (pronounced "meiyu" in Chinese), or the East Asian rainy season, refers to the frontal precipitation caused by the meiyu front, which stretches from the east China coast, across Taiwan, and eastward into the Pacific south of Japan.
The front forms during spring when the moist air over the Pacific meets the cooler continental air mass, bringing rain to Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and eastern China." Good to know.
I catched a bike ride before this week rain.
In the TsingHua campus I found some interesting details.
"Beauty" of architecture in the chinese world sometimes fascinates me...
mcol1

This is...
mcol2

I am curious how the concentration camp (with prisoners) would look in the mind of this architect...if this is the best (s)he could invent for Humanities college!
We have nuclear reactor in the campus, also...I think it does not work any more. Nearby building is accelerator, so, quite complete facility were here some 30 years ago.
mnukl

Twenty minutes drive further, rice fields...
mriza

Also bananas...I know, for Taiwanese not a big deal, but give me a break, I am from Europe...
mbana

A bit of apartment buildings kitsch...
mkic

After such a bicycle ride, it is nice to eat something...mmmmm. Paella, Taiwan edition.
pae1

Deser is a bit yellow, for me who am used to red watermelons, but, what we can do, it is Yellow world, no? Taste is the same, all the rest are ... nuances, as we can say for many other ...things... here ;-) .
mzutarb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home